Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An experiment



Mara's a good eater, and she's getting used to all the different fruits and vegetables that we've offered her. She always watches what we eat, so I wondered if she might be ready to try some 'finger food' herself. I figured we'd start with something easy and just see if she had any interest in it. So...banana puffs it was.

As you can tell...she really wanted the container. But, that's about it! I tried to get her to grab the puff out of my hand, but she didn't want it, or couldn't figure it out. So I put it in her mouth for her. And she wasn't too thrilled about THAT! She spit it out a couple times (notice it stuck to her chin in the second picture?), but I kept trying. She wanted nothing to do with it. I'm not sure if a different flavor would have helped or not, but I'm not worried. She's growing up too fast anyway, I'm not sure I'm ready for her to be THAT grown-up yet! I'm content to wait as long as she wants to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's going to be just like what happens at Christmas when she likes the wrapping paper better than the presents!!!!!