Friday, November 20, 2009

Becoming More Domestic

For quite awhile I've been wanting to become more domestic. Maybe it's a 'motherly' thing. I would love to cook and bake more, but I feel like I never have the time or energy to do it. Or, I'm not confident enough in my abilities to try a lot of new recipes. I'm trying to ease myself into it though, especially now having Mara...I'd like to be able to make meals and snacks that she can enjoy.

I think the big thing with me, is planning ahead. Working full time and then chasing after Mara doesn't allow for a lot of planning and prep time for meals every day. I need to get better at planning out meals for the week, and doing whatever I can for them ahead of time, so it doesn't take so long when I'm already hungry! Also, Jay works sometimes in the evening, and on the weekends, so often he isn't around for meals then and I just get lazy... I know things will be even more crazy after this baby is born, so it would be nice to get into a better routine now, while I have a bit more time.

I really don't mind cooking and baking when I have the time (and energy) to do it, and I think I'd like it even more if I found new recipes that were easy and tasted good too. I have a few recipes that I always go back to, so I just need to build onto those.

As far as other domestic things...I've got a decent handle on the craftiness - I really enjoy crafty things. I could do a lot better with cleaning/general upkeep/organization of the house, but I'm trying!

Baby steps I guess...

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I had a great system down for cleaning and organizing...and then I got pregnant. Now everything's flown out the window, and I'm back to my old ways. Ugh.

Have you seen this blog?
http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/
When I was working full-time outside the home I cooked in the crockpot ALL the time. It was just too much for me to get home after work exhausted and have to plan and make a meal when I was already starving. It was so much easier to come home to a fully-cooked and hot meal. We'd eat the leftovers the next day, then I'd get another meal ready before bed that night. It worked for us, and I'd highly recommend it!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks