Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Beginning to Look...and FEEL like Christmas!

We've been a little spoiled here lately with unseasonably warm weather...but not anymore! It was downright COLD out today, and we've had some snow the last couple days. Nothing major, but enough to make it look a little like Christmas!

I wouldn't mind it being a bit warmer, but the snow does help me feel a little more festive! Today we took Mara to see Santa (pictures coming soon!) and tomorrow we're thinking about driving to LaCrosse to see the big light display there. It's supposed to be a little warmer at least! Sunday we'll put up our tree and a few other decorations. It will be interesting to see how Mara reacts to all of it. She barely paid any attention to my parents tree earlier this week when we went to their house to help my mom frost sugar cookies!

I have a bit more holiday shopping to do, and I need to get my Christmas cards in the mail (I need to at least get started on those this weekend). Otherwise, still plugging away on Jay's stocking! I can't believe it's only three weeks until Christmas!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Ohhh! I can't wait to see pictures of Mara and Santa. How'd it go? I think we're going to take the kids to see Santa at the Bass Pro Shop (How redneck is that :)). I guess their Christmas display is awesome. It is my favorite time of year.