Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkins and Apples









We braved the cold and overcast weather today to go to the apple orchard/pumpkin patch. The orchard is only a few miles from our house, and we met my parents there. There was a big crowd there despite the chilly weather. I guess it was the first weekend that's really felt like fall, so it put people in the mood!

Mara had lots of fun running around. She enjoyed looking at the animals too, mostly the goats and bunnies. We went on a wagon ride around the orchard, and got some fresh donuts and (of course) apples for a snack. It turned out to be a pretty nice day for the outing.

We picked out a nice pumpkin to bring home, and we'll carve that a little closer to Halloween. We went to the same orchard last year, and measured Mara against the sign to see how tall she was, so I'm sure we'll make that a yearly tradition!

A very fun afternoon for the adults, and of course for Mara!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Such a fun tradition. I grew up in the Midwest and miss apple picking so much. We have some cute (too commercial for my liking) pumpkin patches in our area, but I miss the authentic, small family farms of the Midwest. So fun.