Monday, May 25, 2009

Holiday Weekend





It has been a nice weekend. I wish every weekend was this long! Jay worked all day on Saturday, so Mara and I hung out at home. I took Mara outside yesterday while Jay was at work. She LOVES going outside, and I am so sad we don't have a yard. Sure, we could go to a park or to Grandpa and Grandma's house, but it just isn't the same as being able to run around in your own yard. That is the big thing that I am looking for in a house. I really wish we could afford to move right now!!

Yard or no yard, Mara still didn't want to come back inside, and immediately went back to the door to try to get out again. She wasn't happy with me for bringing her in!

We went to my parents house in the afternoon and checked out the progress on my Dad's new shop. It's looking good! Hopefully the progress will continue quickly so that my Dad can get back to work in there soon!

Then we headed over to my cousin's graduation party. Mara was in Heaven with so much open space to walk and crawl, and just wanted to be out in the grass. It just makes me feel bad that she can't do that at home! But, she had a great time, and we hung out with family and ate lots of great food! It was a beautiful day, so it was nice to spend time outside.

I don't know what her deal was last night, but we woke up at 4:30am because Mara was awake and giggling. I'm not sure what was so funny, but she just kept laughing! I eventually went into her room when she started making more noise, and rocked her a little bit. I was afraid she wouldn't go back to sleep (and I REALLY didn't want to get up at 5am!), but luckily she did, and we didn't have to get up until about 8. We haven't done much of anything today. It's nice out, but we're just taking it easy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I think you're gonna need a leash for that one! Lili didn't try opening doors until just recently...haha... Good luck!

Love the expressions! =-)