Sunday, May 24, 2009

Finally!

I started working on this cross-stitch birth announcement for Mara when I was pregnant. Actually, I had started a different one, and then I happened to find this one, and it was perfect. I needed something kind of neutral since we didn't know if she was a boy or a girl, and we had decorated the nursery with a jungle/safari theme. So I couldn't resist, and ended up starting this one about halfway through my pregnancy.

Well, even though she was 9 days late, I still hadn't quite finished it when she arrived. I was finding it hard to sit and concentrate on it towards the end of my pregnancy, even though I really hoped to finish it before the baby was born. And then with a newborn baby around, I sure didn't have time to work on it!

Fast forward several months after she was born, and it was still sitting around, ALMOST finished. In the meantime, we were too busy, and then I had the stocking project that I was working on.... Well, I finally decided that I just need to get those final details done. I finished it last night! It hasn't been pressed (obviously!) or framed yet, but I am excited about how it turned out! I had to tweak the personalization a little bit because her name was too long to fit with the letters/size they suggested, but I think it turned out nice! I'm excited that it's finally done...only about 13 months late!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice work! It turned out really cute. Does that mean that I should get started on one now if I am going to make one? I've only got 3 1/2 months to go!

Katie said...

um yeah, you should have started about 6 months ago I think! ;) I was pregnant in the winter, so there wasn't much else to do except sit inside and work on it!

Jenna said...

That looks awesome Katie! Nice job! :)