Thursday, April 8, 2010

April Fools?

The month of April is not off to the best start for me so far! I'm hoping it turns around. The first couple days of the month were fine. I had a somewhat frustrating weekend of wrangling both kids while Jay worked, but my back was feeling a little better after some chiropractor visits, so that helped. We also had a nice Easter with my family on Sunday.

Then Monday, I started to have some abdominal pain. It was getting worse, and I started to vomit too. I was nervous since it was so soon after having the baby, so I went to the doctor. They suspected a kidney stone (which I've had before), and set up a CT scan for the next morning. In the meantime, I was in A TON of pain, and the pain meds didn't help at all. I also felt so nauseous that I couldn't eat (or drink much). The CT scan went fine and confirmed that there was a stone. Luckily, it was a small one (although that doesn't give you much relief when you're in excrutiating pain for hours at a time!!), and they thought I would pass it pretty quickly.

Well, Wednesday I was still in pain. Finally when I went to bed on Wednesday night I was feeling a little better, and now I am feeling ok today (knock on wood!). I am trying to not get my hopes up that I passed the stone without realizing it, but I am thankful for the long stretch of relief, and really hoping to not have to go through more pain!

It seems like it has been one thing after another lately for me, and I will need to see my doctor to discuss some other findings on the scan as well. I need a break! I just want to enjoy my baby and my maternity leave, and not be in pain or uncomfortable! I am lucky that my sister Jenna was able to come over two days this week to help me out when I was in pain!

Keep your fingers crossed that the rest of April will go a little more smoothly than this week did! I could use some good luck!

No comments: