Saturday, February 13, 2010

So, those goals....

Since it's already mid-February, here are how my goals for the year are going so far...

-meal planning: eh, not great. I am to the point in my pregnacy where I can't eat much for a meal, so I haven't felt like cooking a meal and then only being able to eat a small amount of it. Oops. Hopefully when I'm on maternity leave (once things settle down a bit) I'll be able to get a little better at this.

-become a better shopper: I've been doing pretty good with this. I found a lot of coupons online and have been using them, and comparing ad prices. I'm off to a good start at least! It is definitely nice to see the 'you saved: ___' part of the receipt. Even if it's just a small amount, it feels good!

-do the dishes: This is not going as well as it should, since it's such a simple thing, but it's not awful either. I don't have huge stacks of dishes, I just don't always do them right away. But, it's better than it has been in the past!

-get organized: this is a work in progress...some things are getting better, others still need work. I've been working on getting my photos organized, which is a big project. It will definitely be an ongoing process.

-keep the house clean: This one is not happening. Ugh. I need to do a big clean up before the baby is born! I can't keep up with the whole house right now, when it's getting harder to get around and I'm more tired than usual. I tend to focus on small areas at a time, but the overall house never seems to all be clean at one time!

-scrapbooking/other crafts: I have been doing pretty well on this one. I scrapped 7 pages last week, not counting the 5 I did when I got together with some friends. I was hoping to do more this week but haven't felt the greatest. I have been organizing my stuff though, and ordered a lot of photos so I'm ready to do quite a bit more!

-date nights: Jay and I are planning to go out today actually! I'm sure it will be the last time we get 'out' alone before the baby is born, but it should be nice. Now we just need to figure out what we're going to do...

So, overall, not a bad start to the year!

No comments: