Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Nice Weekend

This weekend went way too quickly!

It had been a long week, but thankfully EJ was feeling better this weekend. He happily played with toys, laughed, smiled, and had a great time. He was even eating normally again!

Mara had been a bear all week, but seemed more relaxed this weekend, and had a good time playing and reading lots of books.

Jay and I cleaned up the house quite a bit, I made some baby food and a nice crockpot meal on Saturday. I even worked on EJ's costume a little bit (but I should have done more! Halloween is fast approaching!). I had some time to read, and today Jay and I went on a little 'date' for our anniversary - a movie (Inception - it was awesome!) and an early dinner (Red Lobster - yum!) while my parents came over and hung out with the kiddos.

It was nice to have a relaxing weekend, and to feel like we're starting the week with things organized. I mean, I still have a lot of laundry to do - some to fold, and lots to wash. There are a couple dirty dishes on the counter right now. The stairs need to be vacuumed. And I'm sure there's more, but overall I'm feeling like maybe I can handle the mayhem of Monday.

We'll see what the week brings!

No comments: