Friday, October 29, 2010

Homemade

This year I attempted my first ever homemade Halloween costume.

I have always gotten Mara's costumes from Old Navy...they are cute, not too expensive, and really warm. I still love them! And again this year, she has a costume from there.

But I decided to be brave and attempt to make a costume for EJ for his very first Halloween.

And I think it actually kind of turned out ok!

It's a bit too early to reveal the details, but let's just say there was cutting, pinning, and sewing involved. And there are a few different fabrics and pieces. We even have a couple accessories to go along with it.

Hopefully when we put it all on him, it won't look like a little kid made it, and people will realize what he is dressed up as. The first test of that will be at the daycare Halloween party this afternoon!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You did an awesome job with his costume Katie!! He looked ADORABLE!! =-)