Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Daycare, Day 2

As I drove up to the daycare center to pick up Mara yesterday, I saw her outside...stealing a ball from another (bigger) girl. Ahh yep...that's my girl!

I was so pleased to find out that she had a pretty good day! SHE ATE AND DRANK!! And even slept a little bit again. She brought a monkey to daycare to have for her naps, and I wonder if that is helping. She has a favorite monkey at home, but we wanted to keep him at home, so we went and bought the same one, but it's blue. As soon as she saw it in the store she started to make her monkey noises, so we figured it would do the trick. So, hopefully she is enjoying that at her naps. It sounds like she only cried a few times during the day, but otherwise did pretty well. One of the teachers said she has found a couple of favorite books that she carried around the room during the day too.

We're so proud! I know there will be ups and downs, but after last week, we really weren't expecting a very smooth transition. She was playing outside pretty happily when I got there, and it was just great to see! I can handle some crying when I drop her off if I know she'll be having fun during the day. Hopefully today will go ok too, my fingers are crossed!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I'm glad to hear it went better this time! The kids I've watched have left a lovey with me so they never have to worry about leaving it at my house or leaving at their house. It's very effective. Good thinking!

Natalie (the youngest of the kids) is the bully. Actually, it's kinda frustrating for me, because I don't quite know how to handle her pushing and hitting.